Have you ever wondered what it’s like working for a technology startup? Are you an intelligent, curious, and motivated individual whose ideal job includes social justice in the corporate environment? Are you someone who wants to do both sales & marketing but can’t find a company that allows you to do both? Do you want an opportunity to directly impact the success of a start-up in a real way?
If you answered YES to all 4 of these questions, then we want to hear from you!
About the Team and Position:
Translator is a HR software and services company pioneering technology in the Diversity & Inclusion space.
We are looking for a high-energy, driven sales & marketing professional with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude, and natural sales instincts to personally develop & qualify the main funnel for all of our leads. You will get the opportunity to strategically achieve this through your social media strategy, lead generation ideas, and execution on your sales development calls.
The Sales Development team is the first point of contact for our clients and responsible for generating lead volume and warm introductions to our CEO and Head of Business Development.
Ideal candidates are creative, passionate, and self-driven team players, eager to advance through a clearly defined learning and earning path. Translator offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources, and outstanding leadership to take your career to the next level. This opportunity is 70% sales & 30% marketing.
You will be responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities in Target Accounts for the company. You will manage referral, web lead activity & high velocity selling opportunities. You do this by qualifying active buying interest and developing opportunity in prospect accounts. You will also coordinate with the CEO and Head of Business Development to determine the accounts that require research and prospecting activities to secure a sufficient flow of additional qualified opportunities. An implicit responsibility is to conduct business dealings in a way that creates a superior prospect experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up, as well as future product sales.
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop Target Accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready leads and opportunities
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Develop and maintain communication tools for the organization and sales teams to communicate value of products to customers (demonstrations include product overviews, PowerPoint presentations, brochures, web content, copy, and customer case studies)
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Become a trusted resource and develop deep relationships with prospects
- Shadow, capture notes & participate on face to face sales calls with CEO
- Manage applicable messaging, awareness, positioning, collateral and promotion by collaborating with the CEO, Head of Training & Head of Partnerships
- Manage our social media pages for lead generation purposes including daily posting and targeted campaigns
- Create and maintain a social media calendar and posting schedule
- Work closely with product teams on expansion of product/service offerings (new features, applications, improvements, etc.) as needed to adapt product marketing messaging and promotions to changing market/competitive demands
- Write clear and articulate competitive messaging, positioning, and value propositions; Drives key and consistent product messaging through website, social media & one-pagers
- Work closely with the CEO & her Executive Assistant to tightly manage next steps on every opportunity
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead generation and sales development experience at multiple executive levels within an organization; familiarity with event marketing industry a plus
- Pre-call planning
- Opportunity qualification and objection handling
- Call structure and control
- Time and account management
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a flexible, ever-changing startup environment; team player
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing and editing skills
- The highest level of integrity
- Microsoft Word, Excel and strong PowerPoint skills required
- Experience with inside sales tools and CRM a strong plus
- 4-year college degree required
- A strong desire to work in a highly diverse start-up tech environment with people from many different backgrounds
Please submit resume and cover letter to David Porzio at email@example.com
Translator is an equal opportunity employer. We are on a mission to spread empathy and equality one company at a time, and that starts with our own organization. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected class of identity.